Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some drama and bad dancing...

The festivities of the 4th of July holiday and my slightly wacky work schedule lately has prevented me from being a good little blogger...well, that and sometimes I sit here and stare at my screen and think "How can I make the fact that all I accomplished today was vacuuming, making dinner, and fooding Monkey with 75% accuracy interesting??" Sensing that our life was a little low on drama, Monkey woke me up with a loud scream at about 3 a.m. last night. The next 9 hours were full of very little sleeping, some snuggling, LOTS of crying, and more bodily fluids than I care to talk about. So at noon we packed up and headed to the Urgent Care and learned he had two issues: a viral flu bug and constipation (which, to keep it G-rated, I would have sworn was impossible given what I had seen the night before). So one X-ray and minimally invasive procedure later, I was heading home with a much happier, still feverish Monkey. It made me realize how spoiled I am with a happy baby, I didn't get my first smile of the day until this afternoon and by then I really needed it :).

Todays new slang term is "time suck," which is used to describe sites that you sit and read or play when you know you should be sleeping, using the restroom, doing something MUCH more constructive, etc. My current time suck is iTunes. Inspired by "Top 100 hits of the 90's" on VH1, I found a few songs I had forgotten about to download (just try to sit still while listening to "Groove Is In The Heart" By Dee Lite!). I keep my iShuffle plugged into speakers in the kitchen and had a big realization yesterday: I have to enjoy this small window of time when Monkey actually enjoys my singing and laughs at my dancing, because soon he will embarrassed by both :).

Hope your week is drama free and full of sweet dance moves!

2 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

Poor kiddo =( - glad he's feeling better....

Top hits of the 80's is also on VH1 - it rocks! It gave me about a dozen songs to download! =)

Livingstons said...

Dude, poop is such a necessary evil, but why does it have to be soooo evil sometimes... Let's do something, soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed