Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Learning with the Bryans

Okay, children, gather round the glow of the magical computer screen and be prepared to learn the meaning of two new words and a discipline strategy. They (whomever they are) say you should learn one new thing each day...since you are learning 3 things today, I give you my full permission to read this posting then go to bed or lounge around for three straight days...I'm sure "they" would approve also. Okay, put on your remembering caps, here we go:

Burgle
(burrrrrr-gul): To take or "permanently borrow" a possession from your spouse. This would include money found on the counter emptied from ones pockets, ones favorite football shirt being used as one's spouse's favorite sleeping attire, etc. ex: "Please don't burgle the money I left on the counter, I need for coffee to start my pulse in the morning."

Fooding
(foo-dings): The act of feeding someone who is distracted or has just learned how to spit, spray, or smoosh the food back at the person doing the feeding (usually used in reference to infants or inebriated friends). "The fooding isn't going well, I think Monkey has only ingested 4% of the two containers I have attempted to food him."

When I was growing up and my brother, sister, or I were not being perfect angels (this happened twice...maybe three times), my dad would look at us sternly and say "Do you want a mushishik?" For the life of me, I have searched the net to find the right spelling, but it was a Lithuanian or Polish word for spanking. Now this made my father look great because he certainly didn't sounds like he was threatening us, all people knew was that none of us wanted a mushishik and we seemed much more reserved and somber after it was offered to us. The only time mushishik backfired was when it was offered to my then 2 year old sister who replied from the back seat, "No Daddy, no monkey s**t." My dad is not made of stone, I swear I think it is the only time I have ever heard that man giggle :).

Thank you for learning with the Bryans, now go enjoy your three days off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha Great to know!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed