Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

May I begin by saying that one of the best songs for this day is "Gracie" by Ben Folds and although it's from a father to his daughter, I listened to it every day as I drove back and forth to the NICU to see Monkey. It's a pretty good sentiment for any parent to their child, check it out here.

I am in awe of the whole parenting thing in general, but I love how The Hubs brings something to my son's life that is completely different than what I do. Granted we both contribute love, teaching, and songs with silly lyrics usually involving his name and personality traits, but there is just a different dynamic between mothers and fathers. I love that The Hubs and Monkey have their own little routine on the weekends while I am at work and that when we went to Indy, it was the first time The Hubs had been away from Monkey since he came home from the NICU... and how rough that was on him. And it makes me realize that part of what makes The Hubs a great father is the example he had from his father. And part of the reason I chose such a great guy to spend my life and raise my kiddos with is because I had such a great dad. Physically speaking, you can't get more opposite than my father and The Hub's father :). But I am so incredibly grateful that we both were raised by fathers who took a lot of interest and pride in being a dad.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy Fathers Day!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed