Friday, July 18, 2008

Lazy days of summer...

Yesterday as I was returning home from running errands, I was struck with the thought that summer is already half over. At what point did time start moving so quickly? Remember when we were kids and days seemed to last forever and summer felt more like 6 months long? Now I have my own little human calender marking off the months for me (has it really been 10 months since Monkey made his big debut?), and I am shocked how quickly time is going by. I remembered my favorite summer, the year before my sophomore year of high school. I was too young to work yet and so my day was spent volunteering at the nursing home or doing chores in the morning and floating around the pool all afternoon. So I realized it was when my schedule became hectic, a balance of work, school, activities, and tasks that time started to pick up. Time slowly picked up momentum through college and now that I am balancing being a wife, a mother, a nurse, and other things, it's humming along like a freight train. But these activities are what make my life meaningful and exciting, so I am grateful for that. I am also grateful that every once in while, God reminds me to stop in my tracks, take it all in, and live in awe of the moment, be it exciting or mundane. I hope your summer is treating you well and just for today, it slows down a little bit for you :).

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Cute, cute, cute banner pic!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed