Monday, July 28, 2008

Greetings from the gimp

I haven't been blogging lately for your safety...really, the ramblings of a sleep deprived woman would tend to be a little hard to understand, might lack humor, and would inevitably contain a paragraphs of nothing but "qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq" from where I dozed off with my fingers on the keyboard. Since I am a little better rested, I thought I would hop in the old blogging saddle again :).

Monkey has decided that sleeping through the night no longer fits his agenda. Poor baby, it's not because he wants to get up and play at 3 .m., but more likely because multiple teeth have decided to peek through at the same time, including the one in between his little gap tooth smile. But he is a good sport during the day, despite his lack of sleep. He is crawling all over the place, pulling himself to stand on everything that looks stable, as well as giving high fives and the occasional wave. I can't believe it but we are starting to plan his first birthday (just a quiet little shin-dig with family at this point I think)!

I currently sporting one of the hottest looks in fashion right now: a knee high orthopedic boot! Yes, I think there is someplace in the market for "Bling my Orthopedic Device" on reality television. Hopefully I won't be wearing my new shoe for too long, but if so, I am thinking of ways to bling it up a little with a little spray paint and some big gaudy jewels. The weird thing is I worked a 12 hours shift Friday and felt fine. I headed to work Saturday for another 12 hour shift and by then end of the night I couldn't hardly bear weight on it all. The ER doc thinks it's a stress fracture. In the mean time, I am trying to come up with a much better story for the cause of my injury. So far I have "So I hear yelling and I broke the door down with my foot..."

I am also loving the new season of Project Runway! I love how Suede talks about himself in the third person, after a day of doing that myself I can see why he likes it :). I also think that Suede's real name is Steve. I started a Facebook group (yes, I am a Facebook junkie) for my small group of friends who also dig it and reaing their thoughts has been hilarious. I am off to bed now, keeping my fingers crossed that the growing teeth take a break tonight and let me and the Monkey get some sleep. Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

I love Suede..... and girlicious MIGHT take off like "fierce" and "hot mess".... it's more fun to say, that's for sure. =)

So, exactly how did you end up in such a stylish shoe my dear?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your foot is still bothering you. I was really afraid it was a stress fracture. Hope you're feeling better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed