Thursday, July 10, 2008

IDK, my BFF Clinton

Before I begin, if today's title needs translating for you, click here for the commercial I am referencing....I am only fluent in texting acronyms because I am lucky enough to have an 18 year sister that keep me hip and cool, or at least she tries :). Today I was watching a rerun of "What Not to Wear" on TLC and I decided that if I could pick a BFF for the day, it would be Clinton Kelly. This is such an ironic choice because I have no clue when it comes to fashion, but I think is Clinton could bash my style, throw away my clothes, kick me in the knee, steal my wallet, and yet I would still just want to hug that man. I want to be able to vent my frustrations about being a 6'0 tall, apple shaped, plus size girl in this world and have him explain to me why plus size clothes makers think that if you are plus size, you possess the world's shortest torso and the worlds largest thighs. Oh well, after hearing the complaints of my slimmer counterparts and seeing more episodes of WNTW than I can count, I know I am not alone in my frustration. So I will not give up on fashion and resort wearing this or this. I will keeping trying, I'll listen to "Big Girls (You are Beautiful)" by Mika when one of my shirts gets dried and winds up half as long and twice as wide, and I will keep secretly hoping that maybe Clinton will show up here in Oz and offer to be my BFF and fashion guru for the day :).

Who would you pick as your BFF for the day?

1 comment:

Left Coast Wifey said...

W.E. - this is a totally good topic! ((Maybe someone should sign you up for the show, by the way!!)) And I've put a lot of thought into this before picking Paula Deen !!!(http://www.pauladeen.com/ just in case there is *gasp* someone out there who doesn't know who she is!) She is a lovely, southern woman brought up on love, good cookin, and strong family values. She makes the best - but totally fattening - foods.... lard, sugar, oil, butter.... but all that equals heaven to me! I would love to have a day of private cooking classes from her - and I want her to sing me a lullaby with that southern twang! ;)
Mmmkay - ttyl! =)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed