Monday, June 23, 2008

Wonderfully random misc.

I am currently singing along with "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations, feel free to sing along...

As I was fooding Monkey this weekend, his mouth full of carrots or prunes or another stain inducing puree, he paused and then had the biggest sneeze I have ever heard/seen come out of the little guy and instantly, the floor, the table, the baby, and I were covered in a fine mist of whatever Monkey was eating. I am tempted to write in to Resolve carpet cleaner and let them know that I think this is a much more realistic situation for their next commercial, plus it is a lot more realistic than their commercials with a mother who yells from the kitchen "That's okay!" when her child spills grape juice on the pristine white carpet (she may have said "That's okay," but you know she was thinking "can't I have anything nice?"). I didn't figure they would go for my other suggestion, which occurred when I approached our Christmas tree with a glass of wine only to see our cat project himself out of the middle of the tree. My wine glass got tossed in the air in the chaos and as the Hubs was helping me clean up the carpet, he wasn't saying "that's okay." He did show his forgiveness by getting me a new glass of wine...in a cup with a lid and straw :).

We had a great weekend, our friends Joel and Angela came to visit and had never been to Legends, one of our favorite places in KC, so we got to give them the tour. We did some shopping, got some wine, had a great dinner, and played arcade games at Dave & Busters. The Hubs was happy to have someone who enjoyed playing games that involve killing space aliens and flying virtual helicopters and I had someone who'd play the less violent, skillful games like Skeeball with me. Monkey had so much to watch and see, which kept him entertained, plus he got his first taste of ice cream. Monkey had his 9 month well child check today and I set up his appt for his 1 year appointment and that hit me like a ton of bricks. Has it really been 9 months? I know I have enjoyed each day, but it is amazing how fast they have come and gone. Monkey is so close to crawling, has just sprouted his first tooth with a second one getting ready to cut through, and on Thursday he said "Mama," well, more like mamamamamamamamama, but I will take it :). Thanks for peeking in on us, have a great week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

He is at such a fun age! I can not believe that one year is just around the corner already for you guys. Wow! It sounds like you've all been doing really well, we need to get together again soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed