Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WFMW Premade baby scrapbooks

One of the best ideas for a baby shower gift I have seen was a pre-made baby scrapbook! The gift giver had taken an 8x8 scrapbook album and done pages for each month of baby's life up to one year! This way, a busy mom can keep up by picking one photo per month and placing it in the already made photo album. I made one for my son over a weekend before he was born and used 8x8 paper (Michael's and Joann Crafts have a great selection, Joann's also had a 8x8 baby theme scrapbook stack with paper, stickers, vellum quotes, etc) and Mat Stack 4.5x6.5 cardstock sheets. Place the 4x6 piece on as your picture (it is slightly larger than a photo and will frame it nicely) and create your page around it. I also included pages for holidays, first bath, etc. A weekend's worth of work to keep up on a year of scrapbooking works for me... check out other great tips at Rocks in my Dryer!





3 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

That IS a great gift!

:)

Visit my blog and check out my first-ever giveaway (which is scrappin' related)

http://free2befrugal.blogspot.com/2008/04/scrappin-freebies-and-giveaway-too.html

Michelle said...

I love making scrapbooks as gifts. This has become my normal baby gift because it has a personal touch that I enjoy! It's sad though that I haven't scrapbooked for myself since I got pregnant. Let's scrapbook in the coming weeks, I desperately need to!

Kristen said...

I love those. What a great idea!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed