Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm not avoiding 30, I really am 29!

Although I am no longer 21 and I am a mother, I can still pull an all night birthday party with the best of them! However, the only the reason I was up all night was because my dear Monkey decided he wanted to celebrate my birthday by only ceasing to cry when I held him. He has not done this since he started sleeping through the night, but he decided his gift to me would be lots of snuggle time and very little sleep for his Mama. Bright and early, the Hubs took Monkey out of my arms, put him in his swing, tucked me in, and told me "Happy Birthday!" I promptly told him "Happy Birthday" and passed out :). We had a lovely dinner at Cheesecake Factory, remembering that it was the place he took me for my first birthday that we were dating and also where we ate right after he proposed. Good memories make great birthday presents :). I got the new Jennifer Weiner book, "Certain Girls" and the music edition of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (laugh if you must but it is awesome to read aloud on road trips, since it is made up of short stories, and our very favorite: mindless factoids!). We also got Jennifer Weiner's "Little Earthquakes" to listen to on our road trip, I got to pick in honor of Birthday Week. The Hubs is letting me try out Birthday Week without much complaint, yesterday I declared "Birthday Week" to get out of changing a poopy diaper but realized if I do that too often, I may not be married for my next birthday.

I look at how my life my has changed in just one year: I became someone's mother, I watched my husband become a father and fell more in love with him than I was before. I had times I treasured with my families and friends. I had the chance to comfort a child who was scared or hurting. I truly am in awe of the every miracles I get to witness and participate in and am so excited for another year of that! The following is a song I listen to when I am having the best or worst of days, to remind myself that I am blessed and lucky :).


"These Are Days"
by 10,000 Maniacs

These are days you’ll remember
Never before and never since, I promise
Will the whole world be warm as this
And as you feel it,
You’ll know it’s true
That you are blessed and lucky
It’s true that you
Are touched by something
That will grow and bloom in you

These are days that you’ll remember
When May is rushing over you
With desire to be part of the miracles
You see in every hour
You’ll know it’s true
That you are blessed and lucky
It’s true that you are touched
By something that will grow and bloom in you

These are days
These are the days you might fill
With laughter until you break
These days you might feel
A shaft of light
Make its way across your face
And when you do
Then you’ll know how it was meant to be
See the signs and know their meaning
It's true
Then you’ll know how it was meant to be
Hear the signs and know they’re speaking
To you, to you

1 comment:

Livingstons said...

Beautiful stuff. Happy Birthday Week! Still!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed