Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WFMW - For book lovers

I had written a WFMW tip a few weeks back on gift giving...the ultimate irony is that the man that I love, the man I know so well, is the most difficult person to shop for! However, my husband had this amazing ability to read (and actually remember) an book in an evening. So for his birthday I got him a subscription to booksfree.com...think Netflix, only for book worms :)! The most inexpensive membership is 2 books (or audiobooks) at a time for $10 a month. They send you a bag with the postage already on it to return the books for the next two off your list. The site has everything from fiction and young adult to self help and religion. The books are used paperbacks, so they don't always have the most current books out in hardback, but they have over 100,00 titles.

Booksfree.com works for me (and The Hubs), head over to Rocks In My Dryer for more WFMW ideas :).

6 comments:

Carlie Faulk said...

Looks neat - I'm going to check it out!

Unknown said...

I have a book that I think you would love. I finished in it no time and I think it took Megan a weekend to finish. It's call Friday Night Knitting Club. There are rummors that they are going to make a movie out of it.

FrazzMom said...

Thanks for this tip! I have a 14 year old daughter who is visually impaired, so we often use audio books. I'll definitely check this out!

Memarie Lane said...

I tried that club before. It was great at first, but they caught on that I'm a very quick reader and started delaying shipping. I'd send the books back after two days and it would take at least two weeks to get the next ones.

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I think this is a great idea! I'll have to recommend it to my friend who has a long commute every day.

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blogs. i think i need to start one. how do i sign up for this?? will you message me the info on facebook please?
ps - great book idea. now that i work at the bank i get to read so much more and need some ideas!
-stacie schmidt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed