Thursday, March 27, 2008

A whole lot of misc...

The last few days have been a little hectic, here is a little update in case you'd like to know:

TUESDSAY: The Hubs called in sick. Since I am pretty sure they will never close the hospital on account of snow, The Hubs staying home sick is the adult equivalent of a snow day for me (we call them Snick Days). We get to spend time together, and most importantly, we get to let each other take naps. I also met up with my friend Jenny for a Costco & a Churro date. Let me tell you, a good friend will offer to hold your kid. A GREAT friend will pluck up your kid, plop them in their purse and carry them around like a priceless accessory. The churro comes in a close second to time spent with Jenny, she is hilarious :).

WEDNESDAY:
Monkey had his 6 month pictures in Topeka, so we got to take our first Mommy and Me road trip. How I treasure these days when he hasn't yet realized how terribly I sing. I bought an oldies CD to listen to, my slow transition to The Wiggles, Backyardigans, etc. I have the Oldies station on during the day when we are at home and shock my mother in law with my musical knowledge. Anyway, I was excited because of the song "Calender Girl," a catchy favorite of mine. However, I have a bone to pick with Mr. Neil Sedaka. February gets to be his little Valentines, July is his little firecracker. What does April, my birth month, get? "You're the Easter Bunny when you smile." First of all, this is the mental picture that the Easter Bunny brings me (sad, I know), and the only other thing I can think of is that he thinks I am either hairy, chubby, or have buck teeth.

THURSDAY:
Monkey had his 6 month appt on Monday and is greater than 97% for head circumference. Yes, my baby is growing quite a melon (just like his daddy, trying to find a fitted hat for a man with a size 8 noggin is no walk in the park!). Our doc sent us to get an ultrasound just to be on the safe side and sure enough, everything is fine. Monkey was a little disgusted that they messed up his hair with the ultrasound goop, but he had a bottle and was right with the world again. Tonight I went with my friend Michelle to a Just Between Friends consignment sale, translation: huge garage sale full of kids clothes, toys, furniture, etc. Overall it was great, although when they opened the gates to the public (we got to shop early), it was a little like the running of the bulls. Some of the shoppers are hard core, I was a little greatful I had my stroller (and Monkey) to allow myself some room to move. I have learned that there is too much of a good thing and scheduling two big outings in one day is a little much for a little Monkey. Oh well, we'll all sleep good tonight. Take care!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I had a great time Steph! I'm so excited about some of my toy finds and can't wait until Emberley gets to see them all :)

Have a good weekend, and I'll update you Monday to let you know if I survived...

Livingstons said...

I feel so proud of my marsupial abilities. I don't remember a better costco trip EVER!

Anonymous said...

Steph, don't worry about the huge head! Our little Monkey has a greater than 95%, so he's not far behind your Monkey!

Stacy

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed