Monday, March 31, 2008

The little things...

After waking up Friday to ankles swollen past the point of kankles, and my face and hands resembling that of the Michelin Man, I headed to the walk in clinic and got checked out. I am still not sure what exactly happened at this point, but I am back to my normal "fluffy but not quite so Pillsbury Dough Boy-esque" self. I had to call in to work on Friday and ended up sleeping off and on from about 6 p.m. to 3 p.m. the next day. It was like Christmas and my birthday all at once. I was a big fan of sleep before Monkey came along (I used to say it was the cheapest hobby you can have), and it's even more treasured now. So anyway, I emerge from my coma to a smiling Hubs, who said, "Did you see what I did for you?" Keep in mind I am trying to remember what day it is, if I missed the bus for school, etc...I am not at my most observant. After several feeble guesses, he took me and showed me my closet. Yes, some women get flowers, some women get jewelery...I got my closet organized. And I loved it! I once told my sister (poor kiddo, being 11 years younger than me, she gets a lot of words of wisdom) that if you expect big, grandiose signs of affections, you might be disappointed, but if you appreciate the little things (like making the bed because they know how much better you sleep in organized sheets), you'll rarely be disappointed. Yep, I have a pretty big crush on the Hubs :).

I am trying to get Monkey used to sleeping in his crib in his room. I think Monkey will do just fine, I think we might need to replace the carpet in the hall as I walk back and forth to make sure he's okay. After a couple of "pick up screaming baby, console baby, put drowsy baby back in bed," he was out! And I laid down thinking, "okay, I have his monitor set so loud I could hear his stomach gurgle, I can handle this." Since we normally have the door closed to keep the cats out of our room, the cats were having seizures of joy that our door was open. They climbed Mount Hubs, tried to sleep on my head, etc. But sure enough, about 15 minutes in, they started meowing. Not just cute little meowing, but more like sitting at the foot of the bed with a bullhorn, Ty Pennington style, screetching, "MEEEOOOOOW ("Good morning Bryan family!)!! MEEEEEOOOOOOWW ("We're going to let you guys get up and feed us now!"). No one was going to get sleep that way. So out went the cats and in came Monkey to his Pack-n-Play. He did get a nap in his crib today...baby steps (for me more than him) :)!

Oh my goodness, it's April already :)???

1 comment:

Livingstons said...

Go hubs, but that's actually setting the bar a little high, don'tcha think? That's 10 year anniversary material right there...

Sounds like someone needs a video monitor and, uhp, what's that in my back pocket? You're welcome to borrow ours - that's how we slept at night. NOW, we just throw him in and tell him to sleep it off. No, we don't really throw him.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed