Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We love Quasi-Aunt Erin!

Oh happy day in KC, we got a visit from my good friend and Monkey's Quasi-Aunt Erin! Erin is well trained in the art of being an auntie, she has triplet nephews and is hip to what is fun for the 2 and under set. We did all kinds of fun stuff including putting Monkey in our beloved Kansas State purple for the first time, kickin' it old school with Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo, and Erin's sport of choice, shopping. I feel like there are people whose sense of humor you a.) don't get or appreciate, b.) get and appreciate, or c.) have the exact same sense of humor they do and find everything they say amusing. Erin is one of those people for me, in fact her boyfriend says when we get around each other it's we like talk in clucks and whistles. Monkey just stared in awe and wonder when Erin would sing to him (she is a classically trained Karaoke singer), I think because this would be his first time hearing someone singing in tune. We sang him a medley of Grease songs, but his favorite was when Erin serenaded him with "You Give Love a Bad Name," by Bon Jovi. Erin also helped me name Monkey's favorite toy, a stuffed turtle attached to some teething rings, which is now named Andre. All in all we had a great time and are keeping our fingers crossed that Quasi-Aunt Erin moves a little closer someday :).


In other news, today we played peekaboo, had a bath, and enjoyed some tummy time:

3 comments:

Linda Hupp said...

He looks BREATHTAKING in green! You must have in decked out for St. Patricks Day - or possibly keep him in a towel all day...

I love you...

Call me dammit!

...your mother

Livingstons said...

So that's Erin! Hi! Everyone needs a little quasi-aunt once in while... And the green makes me want to pinch him, in a adoring way, even if it's supposed to keep me away on St. Patty's Day.

Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to correct you per Ben's instruction.....It's clicks and whistles, not clucks and whistles. But, I did enjoy the chicken video! Hope all is well!

love, Quasi-Aunt Erin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed