Monday, March 17, 2008

What I have learned this week...

Here is a collection of random things I learned this past week (hint: click on underlined words for links/pictures):
  • I AM PARANOID: As I become a little more Blog savvy, I noticed that some of the professional bloggers choose nicknames to refer to members of their families, just a little piece of mind against the internet creepers I guess. So as you can see, my DH is now The Hubs and our little guy is Monkey. Why Monkey? I tried so many cute nicknames out and the only one that stuck is Monkey. However, the nickname brings mental pictures like this... and not this:
  • WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY: I am hooked on a blog called Rocks in my Dryer and every Wednesday she hosts Works for me Wednesday. People post helpful tips ranging from websites to recipes to party ideas. Last Wednesday was my first time reading it and I am hooked. Some of the awesome sites I found because of WFMW are
    • Free photo editing sites: paint.net and GIMP (both of these are a lot like a free version of Photoshop), and Picnik (which is very easy to use and fun).
    • Freecycle is an organization where people post things that they are giving away at no cost to whomever is willing to come pick them up. People can also post things they need.
  • SONG OF THE WEEK: "Breath In Breath Out" by Mat Kearney (thanks Jessi!). I am always on the prowl for new artists and songs, so feel free to pass them along when you find tunes or artists that you dig :).
  • LOUD NOISES AND BUBBLES: I found out that yelling the cat's name to get him off the table while you are holding your little one makes for a traumatized baby. On the plus side, bubbles seem to make everyone feel better:

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed