Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A little late night excitement

For the last two days I'd been having random dizzy spells and they got a lot worse (room spinning, ears ringing, nausea, dizzy spells) last night. So the nurse in me refused to go to the ER until I had done some assessing. After all, I'd feel like a wimp walking (or stumbling) in and saying, "I see you have major traumas and seriously ill people, but I'm dizzy." Several blood pressure checks and a negative pregnancy test later (just wanted to make sure, I had dizzy spells with Monkey), we packed up and headed to the ER at 11:30, just after the snow started falling. Who says there is no late night excitement after you have kids! In our action packed hour there, I was walked in on by 3 people while trying to collect a urine sample, given the equivalent of a sobriety test (walk the line, finger to nose, etc), and diagnosed with an inner ear infection. They put me on medication to help with the dizziness until my ear heals up and I am supposed to call if I have any "stroke like symptoms." The Hubs and I thought that was amusing, "Well, we are thinking either ear infection or stroke..." is kind of like "Well, we could put a band aid on it or amputate it." Another amusing thing was that I might have to get tubes in my ears, a procedure I had done a lot as a child and that they normally only do on kids to alleviate pressure in the ear. My niece Lucy just had this done and was a trooper, so if I so much as complain, I will get set straight I am sure :).

So speaking of dizzy, I am completely in awe of the new sport of Zorbing. They put you inside this huge plastic sphere and roll you down a hill...sign me up! Hydro-Zorbing is where they put water in the inner chamber you are in so you are just slipping and sliding around. My hats off to those wacky New Zealanders for coming up with this one!

1 comment:

Livingstons said...

That is exciting! The best part is that you were only there for an hour!?! Where is this ER? That's less time than it takes to get through a reguar doctors appointment. I'll just go to your magical ER from now on...

And I totally saw zorbing on a truck commercial and thought it was just something Abercrombie and Fitch models do with their spare money. I'm in if you wanna go when you get your tubes.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed