Thursday, February 7, 2008

43 things

There is the awesome website called www.43things.com where you go and enter 43 things you'd like to do and find other people who are doing them also. It can be as simple as "I'd like to learn to yodel" or "I'd like to see Paris." Currently I have 14 things I'm working on, one of which I stole from someone else (they give you ideas and also have a search option. Once you find something you can add messages for other people who share your goal to read). I have always wanted to keep a journal and would be very good about it for a week or so and then find it several months later. So one of my things is to keep a photo journal...VERY easy since I seem to be 1/8th paparazzi. So you just a take a picture a day and write a little blurb about it. It gets to be pretty fun trying to find your picture of the day, you tend to look at your surroundings a little differently. For example, the other day I took a picture of my favorite tree (a weeping willow) in our neighborhood and of course random things like burnt out signs (yea, Wale Hose!) and the Weiner Mobile.

I am now reading a book called "
The Daring Book for Girls." It is an awesome little eclectic mix of random things girls should know. For example: Hand clap games, words to impress, important women in First Aid (shout out to Florence Nightingale!), and how to whistle with two fingers. There is also "The Dangerous Book for Boys," which The Hubs is currently studying and bidding his time to go over with Monkey.

And I leave you with my picture of the day...a very sleepy boy and his bouncy seat. Good day!


2 comments:

Livingstons said...

I saw those books at Costco and thought to mself, "man, gender lines are really burred these days." I should take a gander at those.

Melanie said...

I saw those books and was intrigued! Are they good clean fun (appropriate if I wanted to give them to nieces or nephews)?? Do they hit on some of the lost arts of girlhood, like friendship bracelets, chinese jump rope, and double dutch chants?? :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed