Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We're baaaaaaaaaaaack...again :)!

Yes, we got back from our Indy trip a week ago and I have been a very naughty, slacker blogger. I have been keeping up with my other "picture-a-day blog," Everyday in Oz, which has been a lot of fun. For those of you life me who have started endless journals and been so diligent in writing in them for a week or two, this is a great alternative. I know that at the end of the year I will have a lot of great pictures of our every day life to scrapbook (oh don't get me going on that...I still haven't scrapbooked my wedding and I will be celebrating my 4th anniversary next week!). I am hoping to get super motivated and print the pictures out, put them in a scrapbook or album and just write under them what I've written on the blog.

The Indy trip went well, Monkey did great on the flight there and back and was spoiled with all kinds of love and attention from his Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie Jess, Uncle Bub, Aunt Tara, and cousin Mare Bear. It was great to have a whole week to really enjoy time with my family, usually we are in town for a holiday or event and it feels like we leave wishing we'd had more down time to just sit and relax. Auntie Jess's Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation were great and she looked beautiful. She did an amazing job of juggling graduation festivities and making time for us, which meant the world to me. My favorite was the day after graduations she stayed at friends and came home at 6 a.m., put on a cute little sparkly dress and proceeded to sleep on the couch for 6 hours... but she looked fabulous :)! We went to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, which has been one of my favorite places since I was a kiddo, went swimming for the first time, and went to the park with Mare Bear. I got to drive around my mom's little PT cruiser while we were there and let me tell you, when you drive an SUV, driving that feels like driving a go cart around town :). Check out Everyday In Oz for pictures if you'd like :).

In Monkey news, he is sitting up on his own, is SO close to crawling, teething like no other with NO signs of teeth yet, and as of this weekend, has started saying "bababababa." It is amazing to me how much he has grown and fast his first year is going! I can't believe we go for his 9 month pictures at the end of the month!

We got some comments while we were away, and I appreciate them so much! Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings and share your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I just found your blog and I love it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed