Thursday, May 8, 2008

iLike my iPod

I have a wonderful friend whom I will call Shleby (inevitably when I attempt to type her name, I always wind up typing Shleby instead... and from what we have seen on company e-mails, I am not the only one). Shleby is my carpool buddy to work since we are neighbors & have a 35-45 minute commute and let me tell you, when you have worked a 13 hour shift and are driving home after being up all day with your little one and all night with other people's little ones, having someone to talk to (and keep you awake) is wonderful. When Shleby learned that I was without MP3 technology, she offered me an iPod Shuffle she'd won at a company party...and it changed my life! I can't believe that the Walkmans of yesteryear have morphed into this tiny little machine with amazing sound quality. And if you don't yet own one, beware that iTunes will suck you in and steal precious hours of your day! I do love how you can buy the "essentials" of an artist, or their top 15 or so songs. Right now I am digging "Sky" by Joshua Radin & Ingrid Michaelson. Joshua Radin (in my best NY accent) "has a voice like butta." My hubby and I have the agreement of a "Celebrity Free Card." You can pick one celebrity and one celebrity only. If this person randomly shows up at our doorstep, you are allowed to run off with them no questions asked. I am thinking I may have to bump Ryan Reynolds from my #1 spot to make room for Joshua Radin...that man could sing "99 bottles of beer on the Wall" and I would dig it :). In case you are wondering, The Hub's Celebrity Free card is Gwen Stefani...

In Monkey news, he has had a very eventful week. He started his first full day of daycare (he is only going one day a week) and had a great time. I had to wait for the three lovely ladies he spent his day with to finish loving on him, giving him hugs, and finish saying goodbye before I could take him home :). He had a great time but it was all he could do to stay awake for dinner and he crashed a good hour earlier than usual. Today we went and hung out with our friends Meshellyn and Little Miss. I have a lovely picture of Monkey trying to show his affection for Little Miss by gnawing on her (it's teething, I promise he's not a vampire!) and she is trying to get away. Day care and playdates wear the Monkey out (and a more accurate bib would say "Where's my afternoon snack?").

Thanks for peeking in on us, have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! It was so fun getting together, we need to do it more often! Thanks for the pictures and I didn't notice your observation. It was nice to have grown-up talk!

Livingstons said...

I still don't have an iPod, but all the places I might use it I'm already too oblivious to function and that would be overload... I might end up with my identity stolen, less one ovary, and in China... oh, wait that was an episode of Alias.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed