Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Someone's in the kitchen with Mama...


If ever there was a picture to completely sum up Monkey's personality, this one is it :).

After watching Monkey do crunches in his bouncy seat, I decided he is ready to move up to the Bumbo seat (or the "Butt Mold" as The Hubs calls it). However, sitting in the Bumbo after meals is a lot like the old "wait thirty minutes after you eat to swim" rule...better wait or you will have to go change his clothes and wipe down the counter. Since he no longer has anything is front of him to play with, he gets to do really exciting things like watch me wash dishes and sing off key. I realized when we were done that he is small enough to fit neatly under the cabinets...just about the size of the mixer :). Now we are working on learning our cooking utensils so I can say "Spatula..." and have him hand it to me. However, by that time I am sure it will just go straight to his mouth :).

I am also working on finishing up some projects around the house like our picture wall and some other things I have the supplies for, just not the time :). One of them was something I had wanted to make for Monkey's room before he was born but ran out of time since he was so early:

Some scrapbooking supplies and clip art from Microsoft word...

And a metal Christmas card holder 70% off at Pier 1 :).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the signage! I'd love to see pictures of his entire nursery, I bet it's super adorable! We need to get together soon. Hope you're having a good week!

Melanie said...

Cute wall art! Love the elegant new look of your blog--changing all the time!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed