Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Misc Musings...

On the TV: I have no idea how I (who isn't what one would refer to as a "fashion icon") fell in love with "Project Runway," but I have seen every season. Even more suprising, I can get The Hubs to watch from time to time! Maybe it's the creativity, or maybe it is because I am lucky enough to have my own personal fashion guru, Erin, to rehash things with :). My first impression of the winner, Christian was "who is this scary little man with the crazy haircut and all the attitude?" It was a great finale and he had me as a fan by the end...although his voice is still a little nails on a chalk board. Another new show in my life, "My Big Redneck Wedding." I watch it in awe and amazement...and if The Hubs and I ever want to renew our vows at a demolition derby or a flea market, I have lots of ideas. Tom Arnold's commentary is pretty amusing :).

On the Radio: Click on the song to be connected to the video on youtube.com
"New Soul" by Yael Naim (thanks Melanie!)
"All My Lovin" by Jim Sturgess (thanks Jessi!)
"Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan (thanks CVS Pharmacy!)
"All I Want Is You" Barry Louis Polisar (thanks Barry!)
"I'm Yours" Jason Mraz (my current ringer at the moment...)

On the Computer: A new version of the old classic Oregon Trail! Instead of oxen, you are driving your SUV/Trurbo Wagon/Hybrid and trying to get your crew to a music festival. And you can still hunt old school, but you are shooting tacos, pizzas, and fries. Very amusing :). Click here to play it.

In the Paper: A very nice little write up about the BCHS seniors and my sister Jessi :).

Just a thought: ""Write it in your heart that every day is the best day of the year.""

4 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Hello back ;)

Your little man is such a cutie! What a great smile! How are you adjusting to motherhood? It *is* the hardest thing I've ever done, but is so worth every second :D

Are you orginally from KS? How do you like it out here in the midwest? I've been loving it compared to outside Washington DC where I grew up.

If you ever have any questions about babies or just want to chat feel free to email me at acountrybabe@juno.com ;)

~Laura

Wife of a Soldier said...

Just saw you'rew a pediatric nurse - I should be the one asking you questions about kids! ;)

Melanie said...

thanks for posting the singer of the CVS song--I like that one, too!

Livingstons said...

You always are in-the-know... I was looking for these measuring spoons that I saw at a boutique and your heart spatula was from the same people...and now you're informing the masses even more. Who's your source?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed