Friday, March 21, 2008

Carboholic

Whoever said "Man cannot live by bread alone, " had either never met me or never been to Panera. Being Catholic, we don't eat meat on Fridays during Lent (the 40 days before Easter) and it is the only time of year that I, a true bread junkie, have the excuse for having bread as a meal. So where is all of the carb-loading conversation coming from? I found the absolute, be-all-end-all recipe for banana bread that I am going to pass along to you (click here for the recipe). I had to share with the neighbors so we didn't eat all 4 loaves ourselves :).

We are heading to the see the other Bryans for Easter, I think my niece will clean up on the Easter egg hunt since the only two other kids are 6 months and 4 months :). I finally realized one of the perks of parenthood: buying candy for the kids and having a little yourself. Since we don't make each other easter baskets, we each put into Monkey's Easter basket what we really wanted. For The Hubs, it is Cadberry Cream Eggs, for me, it's Peeps, and both of us will share the Reece's Peanut Butter Cup eggs. I am sure Monkey would rather us eat the candy now and get him fresh candy when he is able to have it rather than put this years basket away for a year. Plus he has a few things in there he can enjoy now, so I don't feel quite so guilty.

For my fellow K-State fans, how about that game last night?? Here is a little something to tide us over until football season, click here :).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I will try your banana bread recipe this week! I make it once a week and Emberley l-o-v-e-s it. Have a Happy Easter!

Livingstons said...

peeps dueling totally makes up for no birbigs... not really, but close. Your little easter bunny is delicious!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed