Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The mystery baby and good burrito reception...


I had laid Monkey down for a nap and tried out his monitor for the first time. I had one of the receivers on the wrong channel and after I got him up and in his bouncy seat, I heard the cry of the Mystery Baby. Crying baby on the monitor, perfectly quiet Monkey in front of me. Seems we are picking up our neighbor's frequency. Better watch what we say when ours is on, I guess :)

I found a tasty and quick recipe that I am passing along to you. I took a picture of my creation after realizing it resembles the reception bars on a cell phone. Obviously there is great burrito reception at the Bryan house :). Enjoy!

Chimichitos
(Original recipe by Sam the Cooking Guy, changes made by Chef Stephanie)
  • 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded (great tip, buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it while it's still warm, very easy!)
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 1 can black beans
  • Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
  • Sour cream
  • Optional: enchilada sauce, picante sauce, jalepenos
  • 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
  1. Heat oven to 400
  2. Saute onions in a little oil or butter in a skillet
  3. When softened, add chicken and black beans.
  4. Heat tortillas to make them pliable (I put all 4 between moistened paper towels and microwave for 15-25 seconds)
  5. Spoon 1/4 mixture on each tortilla, top with cheese and roll up restaurant style.
  6. Place on a greased pan and rub top of burrito lightly with oil
  7. Bake until golden, about 10-15 minutes
  8. Cut in half, top with cheese and sour cream. If using warm enchilada sauce or picante sauce, spoon sauce onto plate and place chimichito on top.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummy! I will have to borrow this recipe and try it out. I bet Jason will enjoy it!

Livingstons said...

So, these look so easy that I tried them last night. Only I didn't have an onion, black beans, or burrito size tortillas - they were basically petite cheese enchiladas with a little enchilada sauce. Not even close to your recipe. But it gave me ideas. I lika the newa banner - how did you do that?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed