Thursday, February 14, 2008

A look at Valentines Day...

Hopefully this finds you all having a very happy Valentines Day and if I could find a way for the little paper cards we used to get in our mailboxes made out of shoe boxes in elementary school to shoot out of your screen, I would. Perhaps I should mention that to the Blogger people...

As for this lovely picture, it is a shout out to my Indy family...hopefully there is still room for those last minute reservations! Nothing says romance like a candle light dinner of White Castle!

So The Hubs and I always remember our first Valentines Day every year. I had big plans, I was a poor college student and he was working in KC. I had saved up my money and was going to take him to a nice dinner for a change. However, a few days before, the dentist I made the mistake of going to (everyone from Emporia was like, "Who did you go to? " When I said his name, they all got this look of pained sympathy and said, I wouldn't have gone to him...") decided to do 2 root canals and an extraction...all in the same visit and on either side of my mouth. I couldn't eat anything and whatever I could eat, i couldn't keep down. I don't really remember much of the next few days. The Hubs showed up on Valentines Day and found me passed out in bed, looking terrible. While he was getting me some shoes to wear so he could take me to the ER, I passed out and smacked my head on my dresser. So we spent our first Valentines Day in the ER for dehydration. And spent our second one in the ER again...with The Hubs's brother :). This year The Hubs's folks came up and watched Monkey and we had out first "date" since Monkey was born. It was great, we saw "Juno" and went out to lunch, but mostly we got some catching up time which was nice :). I realize how much I took "dinner and a movie" dates for granted before Monkey arrived :).

Speaking of "Juno," I almost spit out my water when her step-mother uttered the line "Well, honey, doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream..." And although I can say that this is not true for about a majority of the doctors I know, I think this may hold true for a small percentage :).

May you have a root canal/ER visit free Valentines Day with someone you love!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed