Sunday, January 13, 2008

You've come a long way, baby!

After seeing the witty, everyday thoughts and pictures of my friends Jenny and her adorable family, I have decided to join the ranks of the many, the proud...the bloggers :). This is a little easier said than done, but if I can figure out myspace and facebook, I should be able to figure out how to post a blog. It may not be pretty, but I will get it done :).

I wouldn't have believed 6 months ago that I would rejoice in making another human being burp or find myself asking a very puzzled little face "Who's a silly monkey?" But alas, such are the new joys of my life :). It is amazing how much a baby changes your house, your life, and your view of the world. Your husband is not only the sweet, wonderful guy you fell in love with but is also now your partner in crime against the evils of spit up, fussiness, and super stinky diapers. With fertility issues, an emergency delivery, and a NICU stay behind us, we are glad to have Matthew here safe and sound. He has come a long way and is growing more every day. His first smile was amazing...granted he smiled at the curtains, then at me, then at the wall, but still, to me it was a little "Hey thanks for being my human burp cloth and getting up with me at 3 a.m."

Ahh, life is good :).


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome Stephanie! Blogging is so much fun and I look forward to reading about and seeing pictures of your little guy. We must have a playdate soon, a mommy date anyhow!

Jimmy and Amie said...

i love it!!! im sure your blog will be on my top must read list! miss you all!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed