Monday, January 14, 2008

Wale Hose & The Hoe Carnival


One of the best things in life is having people in your life who truly get your wacky, unique sense of humor. For years, my sister and I have had this running joke of texting or calling each other when we find signs with letters burned out that spell something MUCH more fun. Examples include but are not limited to:

Wale Hose (Waffle House),
The Great Chin (Great China Buffett)
Hoe Carnival (Shoe Carnival)
Dependence Inn (Independence Inn)
Wal-Art (Wal-Mart)
Half Price Boos (Half Price Books)
The Red Lob (Red Lobster)
The Golden Orral (Golden Corral)
and our personal favorite:
The Village Panty (Village Pantry)

Now I challenge you to find some new signs, it's great fun on road trips :).


2 comments:

Livingstons said...

That's awesome - all the burned out signs I see just don't make sense or just remind me I need to replace my porch light. I'll have to pay more attention 'cause "Off ce Max" just isn't that funny...

Anonymous said...

I found a sign the other day and was inclined to pull over and take a picture. :) I cannot figure out how to post the picture on here so far but the sign say try Mart (Country Mart) :)

~Christy Lyons

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed