Thursday, January 24, 2008

Awkward turtle


It's kind of like walking in on Brad Pitt taking a poo or hearing Heidi Klum rip a toot...you know these glamorous people do these things we all do but you'd never imagine actually witnessing it. This is how I felt as I rounded the corner and was astounded to see the illustrious, timeless Wiener Mobile stopped at the 7-11 for a fill up and a slurpy. I don't know, I guess I imagined that it might try to be more discreet or maybe there was a "members only" filling station stashed away in a gated community where roaming Weiner mobiles could stop and...ummm..."top off." But alas, the Weiner mobile taught me that despite it's celebrity, it fills up just the same as you and me...although I can't imagine it's driver set the gas cap on the hood and drove off without it. I did stick around for a minute or two to see if the Weiner Mobile was going to do the full monty and go through the car wash, but the cops shooed me off. Now I know how the paparazzi feels! Ahh, Weiner Mobile, it was a very special albeit awkward moment I shan't soon forget :).

2 comments:

Jimmy and Amie said...

vewow, i cant believe this thing seriously exsists!!!! LOVE this photo steph! it totally made my night!

Melanie said...

Steph, this brought back memories of when the weinermobile was at the same hotel as my rowing team! We took pics with it, and I don't remember seeing any security! My pics are pre-digital, but if I can find a way, I'll post it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed