Sunday, April 6, 2008

More misc musings...

Musing #1: As I am driving home this weekend, I am greeted by a huge electronic sign over the highway stating "AGRESSIVE SPEED ENFORCEMENT APRIL 1 - APRIL 15." This leads me to ponder several things: What exactly do they mean by aggressive? Why are they letting us know the cut off date...April 14th, be very careful, but April 16th, it will be like the Fast and the Furious on I35! However, maybe the Kansas Highway Patrol is submitting to the Livingston theory of Birthday Week and that is their gift to me...make everyone else slow down so I can get to work a little quicker :). I also saw a large billboard for a Psychic fair and it made me wonder if they have to let the Psychics know the fair is happening or if they just have a premonition of the location, time, date, etc.

Musing #2: When I was little my mother told us that we could have some Pringles chips but only when she opened them. So my brother and I would check them from time to time and they wouldn't be open yet and then they'd be gone. No, my mother wasn't having a Pringles binge nor did she have willpower of steel...she would peel back the seal halfway, remove some chips, and put the lid back on! Brilliant really because what 10 year old is going to look through the clear plastic lid and double check that the seal really is intact? Flash forward several years, I am an adult and perfectly willing to share Pringles with The Hubs...yet I still only peel the seal halfway back. It drives The Hubs crazy yet for my sake, he leaves the seal on :).

Musing #3: I have learned this week that scented baby wipes are fine as long as they are not food scents. After cleaning up Matthew's "artwork" (a 10+ wipe affair), I don't think I will craving cucumbers or melon any time soon, if ever again. I have also learned that a 13 work shift is way to long to break in a new pair of works shoes.

Just a few of the many things on my mind :). We have a busy but very exciting week ahead, we're making our second Indy road trip with the Monkey and can't wait to see the other half of our family. I have a feeling I am not going to be seeing much of the Monkey once we get there :). Have a wonderful week and thank you for peeking in on us!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I laughed at the 'aggressive' speed enforcement. Scary!

Livingstons said...

I totally saw that sign as well and wondered how they know if it's true agression. Do their nostrils have to be flaring with anger in their eyes? "I pulled you over because on my scale 0-10 of aggressive driving (zero being fresh kitten with eyes still closed, 10 being that guy in high school walking down the hall with fists "saying what's your problem?" to all the freshmen) you were at least a 6. The white knuckles bumped you up a knotch." Happy Birthday WEEK!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

#2 ~ I love it! I'm going to try that here!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed