Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mommy needs a time out

There is no doubt I love being a mother, but every so often, even Mommy needs a time out. Monkey has been sick, teething, and generally not thinking too highly of sleeping, napping, or eating right now. On top of that, poor Hubs is also sick and I sprained my already stress fractured foot, buying myself five more weeks in my lovely orthopedic walking boot. I had a perfect evening of hanging out in the steamy shower with Monkey to clear up his congestion, then the Hubs fed him so I could enjoy a nice long shower (hands down the cheapest form of relaxation in my opinion), and I got to feed and tuck Monkey in. After that I was off on my time out, complete with a an ice cold Pepsi, a quick stop by Walmart, and a little drive with my windows down, singing Joshua Radin's "Sky" and "Lovely Tonight" loud and off key. I think a lot of us feel guilty at times asking for the things we need, but I know that I was probably a much more pleasant person by the time I got home and although I was only gone for about an hour, it was precious time I needed to refuel. So, to me, time out isn't always a bad thing :).

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed