Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WFMW - Fun link!

Not that my WFMW tip will change your life, but it will help you in those times of need when the name of an actor or actress just won't come to mind, or your viewing companion SWEARS that David Hasselhoff plays the dad in the Brady Bunch Movie and you know that it's really Gary Cole. Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com) to the rescue. You can look up actors, movies, tv shows, and even enter the name of your favorite book to see if it is becoming a movie any time soon. You can also look up your favorite movies and find trivia and errors.

**WARNING: I was showing my good friend Jenny this magical site and said, "pick a movie, any movie." She picked "Savannah Smiles" and said, "I was wondering whatever happened to the sweet little girl that played Savannah." My demonstration didn't go so well when we learned the actress had died of a drug overdose. Poor Jenny, I ruined her favorite movie for her. So IMDB with caution**

Check out other (more productive) tips at Rocks In My Dryer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember how we find IMDB, but we use it ALL the time. It sure helps when you're watching a moving, and recognize one of the characters, but you can't remember where you've seem them before.

GREAT tip!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's neat. :) I'll have to check it out. :) Thanks.

Christa said...

I use this site all the time! My husband AND my father are the type to pause the movie until they can figure out where they've seen the actor. Drives me nuts! So, imdb saves us a lot of time and arguments. ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed