Wednesday, January 30, 2008

7 Randomly random things...

Write 7 random things , "tag" seven people, blah, blah, blah...put links to their blog, and make a comment on said blog letting them know they're fair game on the playground. (only because you told me to, Jenny!)
  • Random thing #1: Last night for the first time since Monkey was born, he and I both slept for about 6 hours! Ironically, The Hubs (who snores like a chain saw) told me this morning that I was snoring so loudly that I woke him up. I was wondering if this means he hears me snore so rarely that the sound startled him awake OR if I was snoring SO loud that it did in fact drown out his snoring AND wake him up. I tend to think it's the first one, but the most important thing is that Monkey slept right through it :).
  • Random thing #2: I am amazed by people who talk on their cell phones while in line at the grocery store/Target/Wal-Mart and then act annoyed when the poor checker tries to collect their money. I don't know if they think that the checker is going to think Rude Cell Phone User (RCPU) is very busy and important and won't charge them that particular day. Either way, I think I might make up cute little cards that say "Have you smiled at your checker and asked how they are today?" with the "10 Commandments of Cell Phone Use" on the back.
  • Random Item #3: I am secretly hoping that I have dropped enough hints and that The Hubs will hook up the old school Nintendo to our TV this weekend while I'm at work :).
  • Random Item #4: I am not a North, West, East, South person, I am a Right/Left person. If I am giving you direction, I will tell you to go left at the stop sign, not proceed East at the stop sign. I am trying really hard to become directionally functional, The Hubs quizzes me constantly on road trips. Perhaps I can invent a watch with a compass on it so I look cool and and knowledgeable :).
  • Random Item #5: My first CD was Vanilla Ice...word to your mother.
  • Random Item #6: I have a knack for misinterpreting song lyrics. This started when I was a kid and my mom loved this song called "The Leader of the Band" by Dan Fogelberg. The states "The leader of the band is tired and his eyes are growing old." I heard "The leader of the band has died and his eyes are growing mold." This would expain why I would run screaming from the room when my mom would play it...bad mental pictures. Recently I heard "Apologize" by Timbaland on the radio and had to go home and double check that they were NOT saying "It's too late to find a job" instead of "It's too late to apologize."
  • Random Item #7: I love finding typos, bad grammar, and random hilarious pictures on Craigslist. One time I saw a posting for a coffee table and the picture was of a man with a mullet/mohawk chasing a small child wearing nothing but a diaper and in the dark background was the corner of the coffee table. Ahh, people amuse me :).

1 comment:

Livingstons said...

I'm glad I stayed up to write my 7 so you would write your 7 - FANTABULOUS! I laughed out loud at the lyrics - I just sing them wrong, no matter how wrong they should sound to me...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed